Previously known as the Miners Lamp Motel, the Desert Sand Motor Inn has been fully refurbished up to a AAA 4 star status. Every room has been meticulously renovated with modern facilities, new beds, new furniture, LCD television, new bathroom and much, much more.
The motel was originally built in 1973 and prior to that the land served as stables as part of the Southern Cross Hotel built in 1888. The hotel served as a coach station around the turn of the century where the passengers could refresh and the horses could rest.
******Proud winners of Best 4 star and above Motel – Broken Hill Tourism Awards 2008******